Experience of Grendon and its directors includes reports and submissions such as:
• the ICT Industry Collaboration Centre (ICTICC) submission to the Parliamentary Inquiry into
the ICT industry - for ICTICC;
• quarterly reports to Government on progress against grant objectives - for ICTICC;
• ICT WA 2005 and 2006 conference brochures and delegates’ papers - for ICTICC;
• tender response submissions - for private sector clients;
• evaluation reports for public and private sector clients - for procurement and recruitment;
• WA Government submission to the Commonwealth for funding for ICT training in remote
areas - for Department of Industry and Resources (DoIR);
• an organisation review, Christmas Island Administration - for the Australian Public Service
• Waterside Residents submission to the Mandurah Foreshore Focus 2020, a project of the
Mandurah City Council - pro bono for Waterside Residents’ Association;
• submission to Minister on major building construction development project - for private
• results of reviews, inquiries and investigations for public sector clients, in accordance with
requirements laid down in relevant legislation - clients include Department of Education &
Training; Office of the Public Sector Standards Commissioner; Australian Public Service
• publications including newsletters for the WA Association for International Development
(WAAID) and Rotary District 9450 - pro bono for these organisations; and
• Convenor of the Australian Telecommunications User Group (ATUG) WA Branch responsible
for chairing the WA Committee, treasurer and organising monthly events with speakers as
well as writing and distributing promotional material and regular reports to the ATUG national
Board in Sydney - Colin Gilbert for ATUG.
Examples from the Directors past experience in Government include:
• input to annual reports of government agencies - both Colin and Diane Gilbert;
• drafting of speeches for Ministers - both Colin and Diane Gilbert;
• submission to Commonwealth Government for $3 million grant for Satellite Mobile Phone
Scheme to assist the public in buying satellite phones in remote areas (Program was used
as a model and adopted for a national scheme) - for (State) Department of
Commerce & Trade;
• report of the Interim National Occupational Health and Safety Commission - edited by Diane
Gilbert as a member of the secretariat to the tripartite INOHSC, resulting in major OH&S
reforms in the Commonwealth and State Governments;
• report of the Review of Commonwealth-Wide Procurement - Diane Gilbert was director of
this review, part of the Commonwealth Government Financial Management
Improvement reforms and resulting in significant changes to commercial operations
of government ;
• newsletters, workshop papers, presentations and other publications for whole of
Government telecommunications projects - Colin Gilbert for DTF; and
• procurement documentation and reports including business cases, procurement plans,
tender requests and evaluations - Diane and Colin Gilbert for various Government agencies.
Directors Diane Gilbert BSc MIPAA and Colin Gilbert BEng ACS MIET have extensive experience as executives in both Australian and WA Governments, particularly in providing expert advice and support to agencies undertaking public sector procurement.
Our consultants are experienced in dealing with government and sensitive information. Both have held high-level security clearances.
The two Directors have high-level analytical and writing skills and work as a team to provide rapid delivery of the services required. Nyaania is also able to call on additional support from associates when required.
The Directors are experienced in dealing with sensitive information and have held high-level security clearances. Both have strong backgrounds in probity, evaluating against selection criteria, managing information and processes, and delivering reports that meet the client’s objectives.
Director Diane Gilbert began her career in publishing in the private sector and went on to spend more than 20 years at executive level in the Australian Public Service, encompassing both policy and operational roles. Her final appointment was as Director Corporate Support with the Australian Customs Service in WA.
Director Colin Gilbert is a professional Engineer specialising in Information and Communications Technology and is a Member of the UK Institution of Engineering & Technology and the Australian Computer Society. His career has been mostly in computing and telecommunications management and he has held a senior management roles in CSIRO. He joined WA Government in 1988 where he has had a number of roles in strategic procurement, policy and strategy development and project management, his final appointment was Principal Contract Manager in the Office of Government Procurement, Department of Treasury and Finance.
© Nyaania Pty Ltd 2015